Friday, February 19, 2010

New Job...New Year...New Job

I've been terrible about blogging lately and have a lot of updating to do.  And yes, I purposely put new job in the title TWICE.  Before I start into our update for this year I want to recap last year.

2009:
Moved into our house
Started my first semester of my last year of school
Got a job at the Registrar's Solution Center at WSU
Celebrated our 1 year anniversary!
Chris turned 27
Chris switch jobs, from Verizon to T Mobile as assistant manager
I visited New York for the first time
We opened Waffle D'jour
I turned 26
We went camping/hunting
Chris got a deer his first day hunting
I graduated from Weber State in Accounting
Started my internship with Carver, Floreck & James CPA's
Celebrated our first Christmas in our home
Took Waffle D'jour out of the mall

.....along with celebrating many other holidays and birthdays.  2009 was a great year and we are excited to see what 2010 has in store for us. 

So far I have enjoyed my internship and love the continuous learning.  It's been hard to transition into working 8-5.  Not only was I use to switching classes throughout the day and going to work, I was so use to switching my schedule every 15 weeks!  My favorite thing is NO homework!  I have enjoyed spending as much time as I can with friends and family. 

Although it was a bummer to take the business out of the mall Chris is enjoying just being able to go to work and not stress!  Our waffles were a hit with those willing to try them, but the majority of people did not understand what an authentic Belgian waffle is.  So for now everything is in storage until we decide what our next step is.  For now we are enjoying more free time.  Chris is currently in the process of deciding whether he wants to get his MBA or his PhD, and what school he wants to attend. 

We both have enjoyed spending time with each other as well as family and are so glad to have the basement finished.  We will be taking pictures soon and getting it ready to rent out.

Other exciting news is that Chris's sister announced at the end of January that she is pregnant with TWINS, due September 2nd.  They are identical and we are just praying that they make it here and are healthy.  Twin pregnancies are high risk and one of the babies is measuring a few days behind the other, which is a cause for concerns. 

Just this last week I was able to go up to my parents to hang out with my sister in law and three nephews.  We played, went sledding, and ate my mom's yummy homemade pizza!

For Valentine's Chris and I celebrated on Friday because he had to work Saturday and Sunday.  We went to dinner at Maddox and then watched a chick flick.  On Saturday we babysat our niece and nephew while my sister in law Nicole and her husband Marty went out for Valentines.  It was way fun, the kids and I went to pick Chris up from work and then we headed to McDonald's for some delicious sundaes and food.  The kids loved playing in the play place.

Now for the big news.  I had been feeling like I was in a rut lately not knowing what the next step was after my internship, and wasn't sure what I wanted to do for a career path.  One day I decided I just needed to be positive no matter what and know that even if I didn't know what the next step was that things would still work out.....that next week I got a phone call from a job I applied for early fall of last year and even interviewed there 5 times with different managers.  They were calling because there was a position they had been interviewing for!  The company is separated into teams and each team is over a certain number of accounts and I had not interviewed with this managing director in the fall but he had heard about me and wanted to meet with me, the next day!  It was all happening so fast and I really didn't know what to think so I just set it aside in my head, the weekend was approaching and Monday was a holiday.  They made it sound like the competition was tough so I really didn't think I would get the offer.  HR called me on Tuesday to offer me the job!!!!!!  I couldn't believe it!  I start March 1st and will be a fund accountant for JD Clark and Company!  I am very excited and to be honest a little nervous, but I feel so blessed for this opportunity and look forward to another new learning experience.  My current job was really cool about it and they are excited for me to have this new opportunity.  Chris is so supportive and we are really excited for the better pay so we can finish our upstairs!

Also, I really am going private with our blog.  I have everyone's email addresses it's just a matter of sitting down and doing it!

13 comments:

Christian, Kerri, & The Boys said...

cnkprice@hotmail.com
Glad to hear all is well!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the new job! That is so exciting. I about had a heart attack when I saw the word TWINS because I thought you were making an announcement :)

Marci Wittwer Butterfield said...

thanks for the update! sounds like life is going well. Congrats.

Nicole said...

Congrats!!! We are SO VERY PROUD of you! Hurray!

Breelyn said...

Congrats on the new job! Also, boo on you for being in my neck of the woods so much recently and not even stopping by to say hi! What's up with that? Anyway, super excited for you and the new job and I hope you love, love, love it!

Tarinelli said...

Congrats on the new job! That's sweet your gonna have a real job... now me and Nelli just need to find some ;) It's always hard to start something new but I know you'll do great!

JD, Annie and Ellie said...

Hey I don't know if you have ours but I would love to stay updated....annieheyrend@yahoo.com

{Layla} said...

did I give you mine? lks0914(at)gmail(dot)com

Melissa said...

hey we went to maddox for Valentines Day too! so so good. invite me to your blog MBARSON@gmail.com. gthanks!

brynn eyre said...

Do you have mine? brynnstar4@yahoo.com

Michelle said...

Yay on the new job! Congrats! Hope you love it! Sounds like you had a fun weekend :).

Heidi said...

I would love an invite. heidiwr@gmail.com

Court and Brade said...

courtburton@hotmail.com

congrats on the new job!!! that's exciting les.
let me know next time you are in cache valley, i would love to meet up for lunch, or you could just stop by and play with the coopster and have dinner or something :) i really would love to see you!!