Sunday, August 29, 2010

16 Weeks!

Well, I am 16 weeks and 4 days now.  We had an appointment this last week and got to listen to our baby's heart beat.  It was strong and healthy!  The count down is on, we find out on September 17th what we are having.  We can't wait!  Here is my 16 week belly picture.  For those who commented on my last photo don't be fooled...I have gained a good 10-15 pounds already and have to wear maternity pants because I can't get any of mine on!
I'm trying to pick out a stroller and crib for the baby but can't make up my mind.  Colors, brands, styles...it all starts making my head spin.  If you have any advice please send it my way!

On another note, Chris is starting his MBA on Tuesday which means our house remodel is going to be at a stand still.  Our last project was putting in the kitchen floor so our floors were 100% complete before I have the baby.  Before and afters won't be for a long time but here is a picture of our beautiful new kitchen floor!

11 comments:

Jayson Michael West said...

Congrats on the pregnancy Leslie! I'm so excited for you guys!!! Can't wait to hear if you're having a boy or a girl!

The DeGiulio's said...

You are still so tiny!!! I started wearing maternity pants early on too, they were just more comfy. Thats exciting you find out what you are having soon :) I like Graco pretty much all our baby gear is Graco. I especailly like our Graco high chair because it folds up really skinny, the height adjusts & it can recline back. stock up on diapers & wipes now. NB diapers cost more so my sis in law told us as soon as Bailee could fit in size ones to switch her over so she wore NB for a month, the things I am definitely glad I have are swing, bouncer, glider & changing table (which I didnt think I'd really use but I walk all the upstairs just to change her there because all of her diapers & wipes are there), if you are going to BF wait to buy a pump until you get closer to having the baby at Babies R Us I had 45 days to return or exchange mine & the seal could not be broke. Sorry if that was more than you wanted to know. Hope that helps :) Let me know if you have any other questions.

Christian, Kerri, & The Boys said...

You look awesome!!
Keep us posted!
Graco is a good brand.
If I were you I would look on KSL to find some good deals!

Breelyn said...

I love the photo! You look like you had a boob job! Aren't pregnancy boobs great? I don't know how well I like it but I'm buying a Graco car seat. The reviews are great and the colors are really cute. Plus the prices aren't outrageous. I ended up renting a hospital grade pump. The one we got from my sister-in-law burned out after a month but it probably depends on how much you're pumping. Our situation is a little insane.

APRIL said...

LESLIE, YOU STILL DON'T HAVE A BELLY!!!!! I'M ONLY 12 WEEKS AND I CAN SHOW YOU WHAT A BELLY LOOKS LIKE. BUT YOU LOOK GREAT, I HOPE YOU FEELING GOOD, AND I HOPE I GET TO SEE YOU SOON.

P.S. TELL CHRIS THE FLOOR LOOKS GREAT :)

APRIL said...

LESLIE, YOU STILL DON'T HAVE A BELLY!!!!! I'M ONLY 12 WEEKS AND I CAN SHOW YOU WHAT A BELLY LOOKS LIKE. BUT YOU LOOK GREAT, I HOPE YOU FEELING GOOD, AND I HOPE I GET TO SEE YOU SOON.

P.S. TELL CHRIS THE FLOOR LOOKS GREAT :)

Brooke said...

Leslie, we bought a bumbleride flyer stroller for Georgia and we love it. The graco safety seat is my favorite for babies (I bought a cover from baby bella maya to bling G's seat out) and all of my kids use Britax seats once they outgrow the infant carrier. It's amazing how many things babies need. Congrats you guys! By the way, your friend Bonnie knows my husband Travis. He was really close to her family when he was on his mission.

Darrik, Kami & Brock said...

Congratulations! I had no idea. You are so teeny tiny. Seriously, you should see my pictures at 16 weeks. You look great! Good luck with everything.

Tarinelli said...

You still don't even look pregnant. I wish I had better advice on stroller/carseat brands but it's been 6 yrs since I last bought that stuff and so much has changed. Good luck to Chris starting back to school. We'll have to hang out lots while the guys study. I'm sure they'll be super busy. The floor looks great!!

hannah said...

Hey Leslie!

This is Hannah from New Horizons. I saw your blog listed on your FB page, and I hope you don't mind that I peeked at it! Your pix are so cute and you and your hubby look so happy!

Congratulations on the baby! You look AMAZING for being 16 weeks. You're almost half-way through! I loved being pregnant, until the very, very end. :)

I have a blog, too. Its http://travishannah.blogspot.com

Talk to you later! :)

Michelle said...

I miss you! You are so cute! You are going to be such a wonderful Mother! I'm so excited for you! We need to get together sometime soon, it's been way to long! Hope you're feeling well! Good luck with Chris's school, it'll all be worth it when he's done :)!